NORRISTOWN, PA – The Montgomery County Office of Public Health has announced seven upcoming community events starting tomorrow Thursday, October 6 for residents to get their annual flu shot and their bivalent COVID booster at no cost.
“Respiratory illnesses like flu and COVID spread easily during the winter and can be serious,” said Christina Miller, Administrator for the Montgomery County Office of Public Health. “Getting your family vaccinated is still the best way to protect them from severe disease.”
Montgomery County encourages residents to pre-register to attend one of the upcoming community vaccination events. Both indoor and drive-thru options are available:
- Thursday, October 6, 2:30 – 7 p.m. (Pottstown – Indoor) – Bethel Community Church of Pottstown, 575 North Keim Street, Pottstown, PA 19464
- Saturday, October 8, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Blue Bell – Drive Thru – Flu ONLY) – Montgomery County Community College, 340 Dekalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
- Tuesday, October 11, 2:30 – 7 p.m. (Lansdale – Indoor) – Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1000 West Main Street, Lansdale, PA 19446
- Wednesday, October 19, 2:30 – 7 p.m. (Norristown – Indoor) – Montgomery County – Norristown Public Library, 1001 Powell Street, Norristown, PA 19401
- Saturday, October 22, 2:30 – 7 p.m. (Abington – Indoor) – Abington Junior High School, 2056 Susquehanna Road, Abington, PA 19001
- Thursday, October 27, 2:30 – 7 p.m. (King of Prussia – Indoor) – Upper Merion Township Building, 175 West Valley Forge Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406
- Saturday, November 5, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Blue Bell – Indoor) – Montgomery County Community College, 340 Dekalb Pike, College Hall 144/148/151, Blue Bell, PA 19422
To download a printable flyer with all the dates, click here.
Flu shots are available to people 6 months of age or older and COVID boosters are available for people 12 years and older who live, work, or attend school in Montgomery County. Residents can register for an appointment by visiting www.montcopa.org/flu or by calling (610) 278-5117. People with an appointment will be prioritized. People without appointments will be registered on-site and will be accommodated while supplies last.
Pfizer COVID-19 bivalent boosters are available at indoor clinics for people ages 12 and older who have completed their primary series or received a previous booster more than two months ago. If you would like to get a bivalent booster, please bring your COVID-19 vaccine card. People who have not yet received their primary COVID vaccines can visit www.montcopa.org/COVID-19vaccine to schedule an appointment at a County-operated clinic or visit the comprehensive list of vaccine providers below.
People coming to get a flu shot or COVID booster should wear a mask/face covering and a short-sleeved shirt. A parent or guardian must attend with children and adolescents under 18. If a parent or guardian is unable to attend, an acceptable substitute over the age of 21 may be authorized by the parent or guardian by signing and completing the treatment of a minor form.
For a comprehensive list of area vaccine clinics, visit www.vaccines.gov.
Media Contact: Kelly Cofrancisco, email@example.com