Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Principal Transportation Planner position has a salary range of $60,096–$63,100. The ideal applicant should have a master’s degree in transportation planning, planning, urban design, planning, engineering, or related degree with six years of progressively responsible professional planning experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary for the position. Applicants must have transportation project management experience, including an understanding of engineering, environmental, an right-of-way terminology and processes.
The position involves various professional transportation-related tasks including:
• Project management of roadway improvement efforts
• Preparation of specialized transportation analysis
• Development of transportation plans
• External coordination with DVRPC (regional MPO), transit agencies, and PADOT staff on various projects and regional transportation programs and policies
• Internal coordination with other county departments, such as Assets and Infrastructure and Parks, Trails, and Historic Sites
• Review of land development or subdivision plans
• Research into various planning policy and topics such as transportation funding, legislative mechanisms, nationally-accepted transportation design standards, and multimodal transportation concepts
• Attendance/presentations at various night meetings involving local appointed and elected officials
Full description & online application at https://www.montcopa.org/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=129&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Principal-Transportation-Planner-1033.