Integrated Mosquito Management
The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (OPH) is committed to protecting the residents of Montgomery County from the spread of West Nile Virus (WNV). The Division of Environmental Field Services practices an integrated mosquito management (IMM) approach towards combating the spread of this sometimes fatal disease. Our IMM program consists of public education, breeding source reduction, complaint response, and the control of both larval and adult mosquitoes. The control of immature mosquitoes is emphasized utilizing biological forms of larvicide.
The public plays a vital role in winning the battle over WNV. We ask the public to maintain their property in a manner that is not conducive to mosquito breeding and to forward mosquito related complaints to one of our three offices located in Norristown, Pottstown, and Willow Grove. All complaints will be responded to in a timely manner.
When an incident or emergency occurs, authorized senders will instantly notify you using the Ready Montco community alert system. This is your personal connection to real-time updates, instructions on where to go, what to do or not to do, who to contact, and other important information. We strongly encourage all residents to register for this service.
8/14/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Upper Merion Township, Montgomery County
8/10/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Whitpain Township, Montgomery County
8/9/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Springfield Township, Montgomery County
8/8/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Abington Township, Montgomery County 8/3/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Norristown Municipality, Montgomery County
7/27/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Lower Moreland Township, Montgomery County
7/20/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Whitemarsh and Plymouth Townships
7/20/2018 - Adult Mosquito Spraying in Selected Areas of Collegeville Borough and Upper Providence Township
PREVENTION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
- Advice from the Montgomery County Office of Public Health at the Start of the 2018 Mosquito Season
- Montgomery County Health Department West Nile Disease - Facts for 2018
- Tire Collection Flyer (2017 dates and locations)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - West Nile Virus
- Pennsylvania's West Nile Virus Control Program
- Steps you can take around your home to help prevent the breeding of mosquitoes
- WNV Prevention Checklist (Printable), Spanish (Printable)
- West Nile and Zika Viruses-Reduce Your Risk