Cross County Trail West Feasibility Study
The Montgomery County Planning Commission, in partnership with its consultant team led by NV5, has initiated work on completing the Cross County Trail in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships, and has announced the first planned public open house to introduce community members to the project. This project is made up of two segments:
- The first segment, when completed, will begin at the future pedestrian bridge over Germantown Pike and terminate at Joshua Road near Erdenheim Farms, where a segment of trail is currently in design.
- The second segment of this project will begin in Fort Washington State Park at the north end of the paved portion of the Wissahickon Green Ribbon Trail, and terminate near the Fort Washington SEPTA Station. A map of the area to be examined for this trail feasibility study is shown below:
The entire Cross County Trail, once completed, is planned to stretch from Conshohocken in the west to the Pennypack Tail in the east, totaling 17.5 miles in all, and will connect the Schuylkill River, Wissahickon Creek, Cresheim, and Power Line Trails. The planning study for this western portion of trail is anticipated to be completed in 2023.
Public Meeting Information
The first public open house has been scheduled for Thursday, November 17th, 2022, from 6:00pm – 8:00pm, at the Miles Park Building, 4021 Joshua Road, Lafayette Hill, PA. At the meeting, the project team will give an overview of the project and review how residents can be active in the process. Attendees will have the ability to ask questions and participate in a mapping exercise and survey. Attendees can arrive anytime between 6:00-8:00 to participate.
Residents that are unable to attend this meeting live can participate by reviewing the project boards, take the project survey, and leave comments on the virtual project map below. . The public will be able to view these materials and participate between November 17th and December 9, 2022:
- Click Here to see the boards from the First Public Meeting to learn more about the project
- Click Here to Access the Survey
- Click Here to Access the Virtual Project Map
The project team will also hold a separate “pop up” engagement sessions in outdoor locations in the area on Saturday, November 19th. Residents can engage with the project team at the following locations:
- Intersection of Schuylkill River Trail and Cross County Trail in Conshohocken (behind the Grande at Riverview Apartments, 350 W. Elm Street), between 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM
- Fort Washington State Park, near the Hawk Watch Observation Deck (Parking Lot 5), between 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM
This trail feasibility study comes off the heels of the recently completed Cross County Trail East Feasibility Study, which examined the Cross County Trail route through Upper Moreland Township and Bryn Athyn. Montgomery County is currently soliciting engineering firms to design the first portion of this eastern part of the Cross County Trail. For more information, contact Brian J. Olszak at 610-278-3737.