Montgomery County Recovery Office
THANK YOU for the stunning response to the County’s Pandemic Recovery Funds (PRF) program.
We received 426 project submissions comprising $1.3 billion dollars in requested funds, and 159 idea submissions by the County’s April 30, 2022 deadline. These forward-thinking initiatives represent an unprecedented expression of our Montgomery County community’s vision and needs, and Recovery Office staff will coordinate processing and analysis of all of the submissions with County management over the coming weeks. We will use the submissions to fulfill our responsibility to equitably expend the $161.4 million allocated to Montgomery County through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), and will deliver a program of projects implementable within the required timeframe. This list of funded projects will be documented in the County Recovery Plan.
From this point:
- Recovery Office staff will perform initial reviews of all project submissions, asking questions of submitters, consulting for more information with subject matter experts, and vetting projects to prepare them for scoring. While many submitters will hear directly from Recovery Office staff, do not be concerned if you do not; all projects will be advanced for scoring.
- After completion of the Recovery Office initial review, the PRF reviewer panel will score each submission according to the scoring rubric, available here.
- After scoring, projects will be considered by the County for inclusion into the Recovery Plan. The draft Recovery Plan will be circulated for public feedback, and will be adopted as the final plan after consideration of feedback and formal resolution at a County Board of Commissioner’s meeting.
We have adjusted our planned timeline for this work given the volume of submissions, and will continue to do so as needed with regular communication updates:
By May 27, 2022: Recovery Office initial review of projects complete
By June 10, 2022: All projects scored. All project scores will be posted on the Recovery Office webpage by June 10, 2022
June 24 - July, 8 2022: Draft recovery plan published for feedback
July 22, 2022: Final recovery plan adopted
July 27, 2022: Project implementation period begins
The Montgomery County Recovery Office is responsible for managing the County's $161,395,498 Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery (SLFRF) allocation, called the Pandemic Recovery Funds, and will:
- Facilitate community engagement efforts in coordination with County staff
- Create, implement, and manage intake process for submission of projects/ideas
- Manage assessment, review, and publishing of Recovery Plan, documenting all projects approved for funding
- Manage project implementation with County and external partners
- Coordinate, as the recipient, all quarterly and annual reporting, accounting, and auditing for the period of performance through 2026
If you require any additional information or have any questions about the Pandemic Recovery Funds, please contact the Recovery Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.