Public Health COVID-19 Updates
The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (MCOPH) aligns with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidance for COVID-19. For information on County Levels, visit Montgomery County COVID-19 HUB and COVID-19 Community Level by County.
For additional COVID prevention you can take to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, visit CDC for:
- How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19
- What to Do If You Were Exposed to COVID-19
Recommendations for K-12 School and Early Care and Education (ECE) Programs
For K-12 Schools and Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs that identify a significant increase in cases or an outbreak of COVID-19, MCOPH is available for consultation. During times of significant increase in cases or outbreaks, K-12 Schools and ECE programs should consider the following prevention strategies:
- Encouraging staff and families to stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Encouraging everyday prevention including staying home when sick, getting tested, improving ventilation, hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and cleaning and disinfection.
- Communication with the school/program community
- “Masking Sprint” for a week (5 days) for the outbreak setting per Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Policy Lab, Guidance for Updated COVID-19 School Mitigation Plans for Academic Year 2022-23
- Temporarily stopping high-risk activities
For additional guidelines for ECE Programs see PA Department of Education - Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) and Early Learning Resource Center Region 17.