CENSUS 2020 #MontcoPACounts
Census 2020 is coming! What is the Census and why does it matter?
The Census is an important tool used to count each and every U.S. resident. Why? It is used to determine and inform:
- Where government funding will be spent
- The allocation of political representation and districts
- Business and economic decisions
- The amount of funding for community-based organizations and services
Without an accurate count, Montgomery County could be at risk of losing political representation and tens of millions of dollars of funding. Check out our story map for more information about the Census, how and when you will receive your form, and how it impacts Montgomery County residents. You can also access the U.S. Census 2020 website in English and Spanish for more information.
How can you help?
Steps you can take to make sure Montgomery County is not undercounted in Census 2020:
- Educate yourself at https://2020census.gov/en.html. Speak Spanish? Visit https://2020census.gov/es.html. Materials are also available in 12 different languages here. Select the language, type of material and focus area from the drop-down menu.
- Spread the word to your family, friends, and community! Share our social media posts about the Census or create your own using our hashtag #MontcoPACounts!
- Join the Montgomery County Complete Count Committee (CCC) needs you to help us with strategic outreach to unique populations and historically undercounted areas and groups so they don't lose funding! It is a volunteer position but we will help you. Learn more here.
- Join the Census! The Census is recruiting thousands of people in various positions to assist with the 2020 Census count. Find more information and apply here.
- Complete your Census form online, on paper via mail, or with a Census taker.
How do I stay updated on the latest census information?
To get the latest updates from the Census and on what we are doing, bookmark this page, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also check out the U.S. Census Bureau Facebook feed below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What are the questions that will be asked in the Census? Take a look at a sample form.