Become a Volunteer
To register to become a volunteer with Montgomery County please go directly to the secure SERVPA website. Choose “Register Now” on the left hand side of the page. Once you have completed your profile, the County coordinators will accept you into the MRC and you will start receiving emails about upcoming trainings and events. Registering with SERVPA is the fastest way to get approval and receiving volunteer information.
To be a volunteer you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Pass a criminal background check
- Maintain updated contact information with the MC-MRC
- Complete required trainings on basic emergency preparedness and response
- Attend at least one MC-MRC training/event each year
- You do not need to have a medical license to volunteer. We use both medical and non-medical volunteers during disaster events.
If you would like to volunteer with the surrounding counties please see their information below:
Training will have to be completed once registered. MRC volunteers will complete hands-on Introduction to POD training and basic Incident Command System training (ICS). The ICS courses will be offered both online and in a classroom setting to accommodate individual learning preferences.
2019 MRC Training Schedule
If you have any questions, please email MRC@montgomerycountypa.gov