In 2009, the Montgomery County Behavioral Health Court to more effectively identify our clients who suffer from serious mental illness and connect them with community based treatment providers and other community based support services.
• Behavioral Health Court will accept referrals after charges have been filed and the case has been forwarded to the Court of Common Pleas.
• Referrals will also be accepted for clients who are before the Court of Common Pleas for a violation of probation or parole.
• The client’s participation is voluntary and when he/she successfully completes the program, the charges may be reduced or dropped all together.
• Client must be a resident of Montgomery County and 18 years of age or older
• The Client must be diagnosed with a serious mental illness that contributed to the arrest and subsequent charges.
• The Court prefers to address non-violent offenses, but other crimes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information, please contact attorney Carol Sweeney, at email@example.com, or by calling 610-278-3308.