PA CareerLink® Montgomery County
News & upComing Events!
- The Unemployment Compensation (UC) system has transitioned to a new and easy-to-use platform designed to simplify and speed up the claims process. Claimants now have access to more information and new self-serve options that will reduce the need to contact the UC customer service center. The new system will make sure people get the benefits they need while also reducing the opportunity for fraud.
Programs that will transition to the new system are:
Unemployment Compensation (UC)
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
Extended Benefits (EB)
Shared Work or Short-Time Compensation (STC)
Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA)
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry will continue to host a series of workshops to help east the transition. If you cannot attend a live session, a recorded version is also available here.
Operational Updates as of 6/1/2021
We are open to the public but are recommending appointments. Call us at (610) 270-3429 to schedule an appointment or to learn more about the many ways we can continue to help you through a full range of virtual services including:
- General Unemployment Compensation claim guidance and support (we do not determine eligibility but can help answer questions)
- Career Counseling
- A full menu of online workshops
- Short-term online and in-person (where available) training programs
- Support services which can include direct service referrals through our partnership with Community Connections, assistance with transportation (as needed), supplies/equipment needed for training or employment, and other supports needed to successfully complete their online training and enter employment (we are prepared to go as close to the edge of the box without going outside of it for support services).
Please call 610-270-3429 and follow the prompts based on your needs and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, a proud partner of the American Job Center® Network, is your one-stop resource for employment and career advancement. Our team of Career Coaches and Business Service Representatives are on hand to assist job seekers and employers in Montgomery County.
Our team provides a wide range of services to businesses. For more information, visit our Business Services page.
Our monthly event calendar is posted below. Additional information, including workshop descriptions and how to register, can be accessed by clicking on the calendar.
To learn more about the range of services offered at PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, please visit the Career Services page.
PA CareerLink® Online
PA CareerLink® online is designed to make job searching easier. The site pulls in job feeds from various websites to assist with job searches in a central location. Job seekers using PA CareerLink® online have a larger database to research opportunities. Referrals, applications, and job search activities are stored and can be easily accessed for compliance with the unemployment work-search mandate. To visit PA CareerLink® online, go to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
The O*NET database identifies, defines, and describes the comprehensive elements of job performance in the world of work. It replaces the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).
O*NET is widely used in enrollment for participants who cannot articulate current skills.
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.