PA CareerLink® Montgomery County
PA CareerLink® UPdates as of 10/20/2020
- If you have logged on to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov, you may have noticed a new look. Check out this video for a tour of the site!
- The Montgomery County Workforce Development Board, in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Montgomery County, is pleased to present a one-hour virtual information session that will offer plain talk and practical approaches to meeting your obligations and reducing your liability as we enter the ninth month of the COVID-19 pandemic. Register here.
- To support Montgomery County families and child care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Montgomery County Board of Commissioners has launched the Montco Cares Program. The Montco Cares Program is being administrated by the Early Learning Resource Center, Region 17. For more details, view the program flyer here.
We are OPEN for appointments in our new location at 1430 DeKalb Street in Norristown. Give us a call at 610-270-3429 to schedule an appointment for in-person services!
While Unemployment Compensation will no longer have a designated phone line inside PA CareerLinks statewide, we are still here to help in any way we can.
While in-person visits are by appointment only, staff will still be providing remote services to dislocated workers and employers impacted by COVID-19. While we are unable to use our available funding to provide Needs Based Payments specific to the COVID-19 layoffs, we have the following available now:
- General Unemployment Compensation claim guidance and support (we do not determine eligibility but can help answer questions)
- Career Counseling
- A full menu of online workshops
- Short-term online and in-person (where available) training programs
- Support services which can include direct service referrals through our partnership with Community Connections, assistance with transportation (as needed), supplies/equipment needed for training or employment, and other supports needed to successfully complete their online training and enter employment (we are prepared to go as close to the edge of the box without going outside of it for support services).
Please call 610-270-3429 and follow the prompts based on your needs and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
PA CareerLink® Montgomery County, a proud partner of the American Job Center® Network, is your one-stop resource for employment and career advancement. Our team of Career Coaches and Business Service Representatives are on hand to assist job seekers and employers in Montgomery County.
Our team provides a wide range of services to businesses. For more information, visit our Recruitment Services page.
Job Seeker Services
Our monthly event calendar is posted below. Additional information, including workshop descriptions and how to register, can be accessed by clicking on the calendar.
Scroll down for more detailed information about the range of services offered at PA CareerLink® Montgomery County.
PA CareerLink® Online
PA CareerLink® online is designed to make job searching easier. The site pulls in job feeds from various websites to assist with job searches in a central location. Job seekers using PA CareerLink® online have a larger database to research opportunities. Referrals, applications, and job search activities are stored and can be easily accessed for compliance with the unemployment work-search mandate. To visit PA CareerLink® online, go to www.pacareerlink.pa.gov.
The O*NET database identifies, defines, and describes the comprehensive elements of job performance in the world of work. It replaces the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).
O*NET is widely used in enrollment for participants who cannot articulate current skills.