How to Find Help - Adults 18 and Older

COVID-19 Help

Online/Virtual Support

There are several ways for adults to access mental health services in Montgomery County:

Private Insurance or Medical Assistance (MA/Medicaid/Health CHoices)

Insurance providers cover mental health services (e.g. therapy). You can start by contacting your insurance provider and finding out what services you might be eligible to receive through your coverage and what providers are in your insurance provider’s network.

Community Behavioral Health Centers (CBHCs), sometimes called Core Providers or Case Management Offices, are local community mental health agencies. There are six Community Behavioral Health Centers in Montgomery County which offer an array of behavioral health services. They provide assessment, recovery coaching, administrative/service case management, treatment, and medication management, among other services.

See the Roadmap to Recovery: Adult Mental Health Services Guide or the navigation menu on the left for more information about services offered at CBHC’s as well as other provider agencies.

If you are completely new to the system, call the CBHC in your area and ask to speak to an administrative case manager (Same hyperlink as above). This person’s role is to help you connect to the right services to help meet your needs.

No Insurance

If you don’t have insurance, you can inquire about applying for Medical Assistance (MA) at the Montgomery County Assistance Office (CAO):
If you need further assistance contacting the CAO, someone at your local case management office should be able to help.

County funding is available for certain services and programs to help assist individuals who are un– or underinsured.  The Administrative Case Manager at your local Case Management Office can help navigate types of service and funding availability.

Alternative Programs

If you need help with other issues (such as substance abuse), contact our Community Connections office. If you are seeking drug and/or alcohol treatment services, contact the Office of Drug & Alcohol. Contact information for other county/state agencies can be found here.