The nomination period opens in February/March of each year.
Anyone may submit nominations. Please note that self-nominations will not be considered, and we require two letters of support. An entry form with the following information must be submitted for each nomination. Our agency evaluates all submissions, and a select group of nominations are judged and awarded by the Montgomery Award Committee, consisting of members from the Montgomery County Planning Commission Board. All entries become the property of the Montgomery County Planning Commission.
- If nominating an individual(s), provide the nominee's name, address, phone number, and e-mail. If nominating an organization, group, or board, provide the official name and address as well as a contact person's name, e-mail, and phone.
- Provide the nominator's name, company/organization, title, e-mail, and phone.
- Describe the nominee's leadership, ideas, or achievements that have advanced or promoted excellence in planning. What did this nominee accomplish?
- Describe how the nominee effectively formulated and implemented their ideas and planning efforts.
- Describe the effectiveness achieved by the nominee. What benefits were provided to the community? How has the nominee demonstrated sustained commitment to the community?
- Describe any collaborative efforts, public outreach, or community engagement involved in the planning process, such as any work with local officials, volunteers, or community groups.
- Submit two letters of support.
- Photos and brochures are not required but assist in the selection process.