Early Learning Resource Center Region 17
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, all ELRC staff are working remotely. The Human Services Center, including the ELRC Region 17 office, is closed to the public. We remain fully operational. We are providing all services and programs to our clients and providers. Please feel free to contact our office by email, by phone (610-278-3707), or by fax (610-278-5161).
Important information for our providers and families:
- Effective March 13, 2020 through May 31, 2020 all CCW payments to child care providers will be made regardless of program operation or reason for closure.
- Child absences will not count toward the annual 40-day limit.
- CCW payment will not be made based on children’s attendance in the program but will be made based on current enrollment.
- The ELRC will not suspend children due to the closing of the facility and will allow all children who are enrolled in CCW at the time of the closing to remain enrolled.
- ELRCs will not enroll a child with a new provider under any circumstances. The enrollment will stay with the closed provider.
- Child care providers who are closed should not collect the family co-pays for CCW for the period of the closure due to Coronavirus.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact the ELRC office.
OCDEL will be posting a link to the list of providers operating with an Exemption to Operate During Temporary Closure (waiver) on the DHS COVID-19 Resources section.
Providers who have received a waiver may be contacted by the ELRC or families seeking to find short-term placements during the emergency declaration period.
More information here
Across Pennsylvania, ELRCs administer over $680 million in child care subsidy and supports. This state and federal investment in Pennsylvania’s working families enables parents to maintain employment while creating opportunities for the commonwealth’s children to develop and learn to their fullest potential. Research has shown that children's learning opportunities in the years before kindergarten have an important effect on their performance in school and beyond.
Through ELRC Region 17, child care professionals can obtain support in building quality outcomes for children by working with quality coaches to achieve Keystone STAR 3 and 4 status, building connections with community partners, and supporting children and families in accessing additional services, such as PA Pre-K Counts, Head Start, home-visiting, and Early Intervention. A Keystone STARS designation informs parents that their children are in a safe, respectful environment in which they are learning new things every day to support their current and future successes in school and in life.
Contact our office today!
2020 PA One Books
The 2020 PA One Books have been selected! The birth to age 3 book is Freight Train and the age 3 to 5 book is Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!. Books may be ordered through the Scholastic FACE program or look for a copy at your local library. Included below are Fun Guides for each selection; just click on the picture. Visit paonebook.org for more information and let us know how your classrooms enjoyed the books!