Car Seat Checks
As we continue to monitor COVID-19 in our region and adhere to guidelines designed to reduce the potential for unnecessary exposure, all in-person car seat checks have been canceled until further notice. This is a fluid situation and we will continue to monitor current guidelines from the CDC, the Montgomery County Office of Public Health, and the Department of Public Safety.
In the interim, we still want to do all we can to ensure your children are safe. Because social distancing makes an in-person car seat check impossible, we are now offering a VIRTUAL CAR SEAT CHECK.
To schedule a virtual appointment, please complete this form. Once complete, please save the document and email it to email@example.com. A member of our team will reach out to you to schedule an appointment.
The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (OPH) has certified car seat technicians who inspect child safety seats. Participants are educated on the proper way to install a car seat in their car and to ensure their child is properly restrained in the car seat. Car seat checks are by appointment only. This service is free of charge and open to all residents of Montgomery County.
Appointments MUST be made in advance to participate in the program.
Beginning with our checks in January 2019, all scheduling will be completed online. Please go to our registration page to sign up for your preferred location and date. Please try to schedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance of your preferred date.
Registration typically opens approximately four weeks prior to each event. If you do not see your preferred time, it is because it is not available.
Any questions not related to scheduling can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a brief message including your name and contact information and someone will respond shortly.
|Limerick Fire Company||390 West Ridge Pike
Limerick, PA 19468
|Appointments 3rd Friday
of every month
|Montgomery Hose Fire Station||201 West Freedley Street
Norristown, PA 19401
|Appointments 2nd Wednesday
of every month
|Battalion 1 Fire Station||325 Stump Road
Montgomeryville, PA 18936
|Appointments 4th Thursday
of every month
PENNSYLVANIA’S “LAW OF LOVE”
- All infants and children under 8 years of age must be secured in an approved child restraint/booster when riding anywhere in the motor vehicle, including the cargo area.
- All children from birth to age 4 must be secured in an approved child passenger restraint system.
***Children younger than 2 years of age must be secured in a rear-facing child passenger restraint system, to be used until the child outgrows the maximum weight and height limits designated by the car seat manufacturer. (Primary Law)
- All children 4 years of age and older, but less than 8 years of age, must be secured in a seat belt system and an appropriately fitting child booster seat. (Primary Law)
- All children 8 years of age and older, but less than 18 years of age must be secured in a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Primary Law)
- Each driver and front seat occupant shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Secondary Law)