Car Seat Checks
The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (OPH) has certified car seat technicians who inspect child safety seats. At the current time, participants are educated virtually on the proper way to install a car seat in their car and to ensure their child is properly restrained in the car seat. Car seat checks are by appointment only. This service is free of charge and open to all residents of Montgomery County.
To schedule a virtual appointment, please complete this form. Once complete, please save the document and email it to email@example.com.
A member of our team will reach out to you to schedule an appointment and review the process.
In addition to car seat checks, MCOPH offers free educational presentations on child passenger safety best practices. Topics include:
- Transitioning from rear-facing to forward-facing
- PA Laws
- Basic installation tips
To learn more or request a presentation for your organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pennsylvania's "Law of Love"
- All infants and children under 8 years of age must be secured in an approved child restraint/booster when riding anywhere in the motor vehicle, including the cargo area.
- All children from birth to age 4 must be secured in an approved child passenger restraint system.
***Children younger than 2 years of age must be secured in a rear-facing child passenger restraint system, to be used until the child outgrows the maximum weight and height limits designated by the car seat manufacturer. (Primary Law)
- All children 4 years of age and older, but less than 8 years of age, must be secured in a seat belt system and an appropriately fitting child booster seat. (Primary Law)
- All children 8 years of age and older, but less than 18 years of age must be secured in a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Primary Law)
- Each driver and front-seat occupant shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Secondary Law)
Interested in advertising our virtual car seat checks to your organization? Use the digital flyers below.
The Montgomery County Office of Public Health is a member of the Safe Kids Southeastern Pennsylvania Coalition led by the Injury Prevention Program at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP).
For additional resources, please visit CHOP’s Car Seat Safety for Kids.