Car Seat Checks
Out of an abundance of caution regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to minimize the risk of contamination, Montgomery County is providing limited services as of March 11. As a result, all scheduled programs and meetings will be canceled until further notice. This includes the regularly scheduled car seat checks in Norristown, Limerick, and Montgomeryville. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The Office of Public Health and Department of Public Safety are leading the efforts during this emergency situation and are meeting regularly to monitor this situation. If it’s determined that the car seat checks can proceed, registration will open.
Please check back regularly for updates.
The Montgomery County Office of Public Health (OPH) has certified car seat technicians who inspect child safety seats. Participants are educated on the proper way to install a car seat in their car and to ensure their child is properly restrained in the car seat. Car seat checks are by appointment only. This service is free of charge and open to all residents of Montgomery County.
Appointments MUST be made in advance to participate in the program.
Beginning with our checks in January 2019, all scheduling will be completed online. Please go to our registration page to sign up for your preferred location and date. Please try to schedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance of your preferred date.
Registration typically opens approximately four weeks prior to each event. If you do not see your preferred time, it is because it is not available.
Any questions not related to scheduling can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a brief message including your name and contact information and someone will respond shortly.
|Limerick Fire Company||390 West Ridge Pike
Limerick, PA 19468
|Appointments 3rd Friday
of every month
|Montgomery Hose Fire Station||201 West Freedley Street
Norristown, PA 19401
|Appointments 2nd Wednesday
of every month
|Battalion 1 Fire Station||325 Stump Road
Montgomeryville, PA 18936
|Appointments 4th Thursday
of every month
PENNSYLVANIA’S “LAW OF LOVE”
- All infants and children under 8 years of age must be secured in an approved child restraint/booster when riding anywhere in the motor vehicle, including the cargo area.
- All children from birth to age 4 must be secured in an approved child passenger restraint system.
***Children younger than 2 years of age must be secured in a rear-facing child passenger restraint system, to be used until the child outgrows the maximum weight and height limits designated by the car seat manufacturer. (Primary Law)
- All children 4 years of age and older, but less than 8 years of age, must be secured in a seat belt system and an appropriately fitting child booster seat. (Primary Law)
- All children 8 years of age and older, but less than 18 years of age must be secured in a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Primary Law)
- Each driver and front seat occupant shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat belt system. (Secondary Law)