Being Prepared in an Emergency
The Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management is dedicated to ensuring the safety and readiness of all the citizens of Montgomery County. Take the time to read this information and prepare yourself and family in the event of an emergency.
The information presented here has been compiled from sources such as FEMA and the American Red Cross and can be very helpful in preparing for (and recovering from) an emergency or disaster.
The first step to preparedness is making sure you've got all the correct information about the emergency or disaster, especially if it's local and affecting Montgomery County. The best way to do that is to sign up for our notification system, ReadyMontco.
Guidelines & Fact SheetsWhen it comes to emergencies and disasters, the three most important steps you need to take are to Be Informed, Make a Plan, and Build a Kit. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has compiled an extensive set of resources for each of these steps.
Citizen Preparedness Guides
- Are You Ready: An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- Family Communications Plan
- Pennsylvania Emergency Preparedness Guide - also available en español
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Checklist for People with Mobility Problems
- United for a Stronger America: Citizens' Preparedness Guide